4.11.2013

photos from iPad

hi! in this entry, i want to share some photos that i took/ saved in the iPad:


this was when i want to purchase fennel seeds and cumin seeds few weeks ago. i googled their pictures and this is what i've found. i did ask my aunt how to differentiate them, but thanks to my lack of experience in the kitchen at home in Malaysia, verbal explanation couldn't help much. fennel seeds in malay is jintan manis and cumin seeds is jintan putih. so i learnt their differences from this picture and purchased some, which i believe fennel seeds from Metro. okay, jintan manis, checked! there is only one type of jintan available there, so few days later when i went to souq(market) i saw this herb which is in my opinion, looks like jintan putih, exactly like the one in the picture. back at home, i compared those two seeds and tasted them... they tasted exactly the same! they both tasted sweet! one is greenish and the other one is whitish, but they both are sweet. haha so my judgement had failed me at the souq. it was my fault that i didn't learn their names in arabic. cumin in arabic pronounced as 'kamun' ya. okay okay okay...


i stumbled upon a Japanese lady's instagram and i really like her photos, precisely, the interior of her house. her kitchen in particular is so simple and clean and white, just how i loved my future kitchen to be.


an attempt to draw myself using drawing application on the iPad. hahahaha



Izzad bought me fresh kailan from Makkah and i asked him to cook his famous api besar sayur goreng for me. loads of garlic he put in there, they're not even peeled! this is how boys cook ya, so rustic yet so delicious! 


so i finally had the curtain rail for my room installed. yay! but the curtain itself won't be ready until this summer holiday. i'll shop for the fabric in Malaysia jelah. i can even sew the curtain by myself, tak menyusahkan my mom as i only want a simple straight one.


my new carpet my bro bought me! i decided to remove the peach carpet that i used since Year 1 because i find it's hard to maintain it's cleanliness anymore. the carpet fully covered my room's floor, mind you. it was helpful during winter because the size and thickness increases the room temperature but during summer, only God knows how hot my room can be. if it's not hot, it's not Egypt la kan.. macam sauna jadinya, nak nak my house located at 6th floor, which is pretty high at this neighbourhood. direct sunlight, direct storm, and everything. 


the apple vinegar Izzad bought for me. i take a spoon a day in the morning with empty stomach, like sunnah Rasulullah. i don't have any idea how it works for our body because as what we know, empty stomach secretes HCL which is already highly acidic. However, the best food is vinegar, as Rasulullah said so why not give it a try. 


cereals sedap.


there's a reason i took this photo, hmmph. malas nak cite. maybe next time. the story deserves a full entry.


first time makan cucur badak, my housemate buat. mengidam katanya. bukan kuih tradisi org Trg ni, sebab tu tak pandai makan. ;)


a photo of a bowl of my last Maggi kari. sobs. i made it as plain as i can to savour the taste and moment. sobsssss


lama dah duk usha warna lipstick Miranda Kerr ni. 


tiang lampu di stadium universiti. i took the photo lepas jogging, it was almost sundown. the clouds were beautiful that evening.


my breakfast. i made cheese omelette inspired by Jamie Oliver's perfect omelette video. and that is not couscous ya.... that is my cold mashed potato straight from the fridge to the plate -.-


and what made my day? this rose :) Izzad made me his chicken dish masak pakai api besar (the fire was as high as the ceiling, no joke). hmm, boys.... he cooked and packed the chicken then ran to my house so the chicken was still hot and juicy when i took the first bite. how sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment